IPTV (Internet Protocol Television) is a system that is usually used to receive and watch TV channels (eg NBC, A&E, NFL Network, etc. ) using a broadband Internet connection. However, there are some TV channels that are only transmitted via the Web. In addition to Internet services and programs to be installed on Windows and Mac PCs, there are specific applications available for smartphones and tablets. We at Iptv Sensation decided to create a guide in which we list the best IPTV apps available at the moment online.
Best App IPTV for Android
For the Google mobile operating system there are several applications to consider for watch TV channels using the Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) system. We decided to list two of the best available right now.
GSE SMART IPTV
The first solution that we propose to you to watch your favorite TV channels on your Android smartphone or tablet is GSE SMART IPTV. We are talking about a completely free software (also available for iOS) that supports M3U and JSON playlist formats and also allows you to upload them directly via FTP or HTTP. In addition, GSE SMART IPTV offers access to a TV guide which allows you to find out what will be broadcast on TV channels. If that wasn’t enough, the integrated player allows transmission using Chromecast or Apple TV.
Having said that, let’s see how to use it:
- First of all, grab your Android smartphone or tablet and proceed with the download of GSE SMART IPTV from the Google Play Store.
- Once the installation is finished, start the software and give the necessary permissions, as well as press on Agree to the EULA message.
- In the main screen of remote Playlists you will find two example playlists in M3U and JSON format.
- At this point, to add custom playlists, you have several options to use: plug on the + from the Remote Playlists screen and choose Add M3U URL or ADD JSON URL, tap on local Playlists (found in the Locale section accessible from the side menu by swiping from left to right and then selecting Add M3U file, Add JSONfile or Create empty M3U file after tapping on the +) or alternatively Upload playlist with FTP.
- Once the favorite playlist is successfully loaded, press on its name in the list to view the channels offered and then on the one of the TV channel you prefer to watch.
- Now, plug in the Play and wait for the playback to start. The player integrated inGSE SMART IPTV will automatically open where you can manage playback, capture a screenshot, adjust playback speed and so on.
To manage all the settings of the application you can use the side menu, accessible as indicated a few lines ago. For example, you can change the theme, use an external reader, set up parental control and much more.
IP Television – IPTV M3U
- The second alternative that we propose is IP Television – IPTV M3U. This is a free application but not free (1.19 euros on Android and 2.29 euros on iOS) that can turn your smartphone / tablet into a portable TV. Compared to the other applications available on the market, IP Television – IPTV M3U stands out for its much more refined graphics. In any case, let’s talk about a very simple software to use.Let’s find out how to use it:
- From your Android device, proceed with downloading the app from the Google Play Store and perform the installation once completed.
- At this point, start IP Television – IPTV M3U and press on the + that you find at the top right of the screen.
- Now, choose the method to upload your playlist from Manual Upload, Xtreme Code, Automatic Loading or M3U Paste.
- After entering all the required information, proceed with loading the playlist.
- In the next step, press on the name of the playlist you just loaded and then on the one of the TV channel you want to watch to start streaming.
- From the player that appears you can completely manage playback by setting the display mode, pause or start playback with the Pause / Play button and so on.IP Television – IPTV M3U also allows you to add a channel to the playlist of favorites, so you can quickly access them later, simply by pressing on the star placed next to its name.
Best IPTV app for iPhone
In this chapter, instead, we will talk about the best IPTV apps available for Apple‘s mobile operating system.
The first app that we feel we can offer you to watch television on your iPhone or iPad is called GoIPTV M3U. The software is available for free and allows you to view any IPTV playlist. Depending on your possibilities, you can upload your favorite playlists via FTP, HTTP or M3U links.
Having said that, let’s see how to use it:
- Grab your iPhone or iPad and proceed with the download of GoIPTV M3U from the App Store.
- Once the installation is complete, start the software and press the + on the top right to add the link of the favorite playlist and its name. Alternatively, you can upload with Local Playlists, Upload with FTP or Upload with HTTP accessible from the side menu.
- Once the data has been entered correctly, choose OK when the TV channels are loaded.
- Once this has been done, identify the preferred channel and plug it into its name to start playback on your iDevice.
- Through the integrated player it is possible to do various operations such as adjusting the volume, setting a block, reading information on the channel you are watching and more.With GoIPTV M3U it is also possible to set a favorite channel by simply pressing on the 3 dots next to its name and choosing Add to favorites from the menu that opens. This, then, will be accessible from the Favorite Channels section of the side menu (reachable by pressing the 3 dashes at the top left).
Best IPTV app: other solutions
In addition to the software listed earlier, there are plenty of alternatives to consider for both Android and iOS. We offer the complete list below.